Location: INSERM U1070, Poitiers
Mandatory degree: Master 2
Application deadline: 11th June 2023
Starting date: 01/09/2023
Type of contract: Full-time 3 years
Funding: ANR/JPIAMR programs
Net salary: approximately 1650 €/month
Offer Description :
The candidate will work on two international collaborative projects DeCa-P (1) and STARS-TAP (2). These international projects will involve extensive collaboration with the microbiology team of Christian Lesterlin and Sarah Bigot in Lyon, France (3).
In DeCa-P, we aim to better understand emergence of multi-drug resistant bacteria through study of plasmidic transfer. More precisely we aim to find genetic and environmental factors influencing the plasmidic transfer abilities and rate. To do so, we will focus on the pOXA-48a
conjugative plasmid that encodes an OXA-family carbapenemase responsible for carbapenem resistance among Enterobacteriaceae.
In STARS-TAP, plasmids rather than being foes are turned into friends. Indeed, Targeted-Antibacterial-Plasmid
In this project the candidate will have two main tasks: 1) perform in vitro microbiology experiments (MIC, time-kill curves) where the effect of antibiotics on plasmidic transfer ability and rate (DeCa-P) and evaluate the combined efficacy of TAPs with antibiotics (STARS-TAP); 2)
develop mathematical models to quantify plasmidic transfer rates, genetic and environmental impact on these rates, TAPs + antibiotic efficacy. The models will be based on in vitro data generated in both projects by the candidate and the project partners.
The successful candidate will be part of our research unit affiliated to the University of Poitiers and INSERM. We are a transversal group created in 2012 with the aim to optimize antibiotic usage through collaboration between microbiologists, pharmacologists, pharmacometricians, drug formulation researchers, cellular biologists, chemical analysts and clinicians.
We are developing innovative pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynami
- A masters 2 (MSc. With 240 credits) in pharmacometrics / pharmaockinetics / pharmacodynamics / bioinformatics / microbiology or a related field is mandatory.
- Basic knowledge and practice of pharmacometric PKPD modelling and/or mathematical modelling of genetic and plasmidic transfer dynamics is mandatory.
- Basic knowledge and practice of basic microbiology experiments (Work in a BSL2 environment, MIC measurement of an antibiotic by microdilution, time-kill experiments) and flow cytometry is mandatory.
- Proficiency in written and oral English is a merit, B2 European level is a minimum.
- Familiarity with scientific programming languages (e.g. R, Python) is a merit
- Send an email with a cover letter and a CV and one or two professional reference contact to
A postdoctoral placement in an industrial environment in Bayer facilities (Frankfurt, Germany) is available starting in 12/2023. 2 mandatory prerequisites to be eligible for the program: a) Australian or New Zealand citizenship, b) PhD thesis in relevant field being submitted latest Oct 2023. Respective applications, consisting of cover letter, curriculum vitae and a scientific dossier covering their synthetic / biochemical topics from Bachelor-, Master-, PhD-work (maximum 5 pages in total), are to be sent to
Dr. Anne-Grete Märtson is looking for a PhD candidate to join her research group at Leiden University. Her focus is translational research for optimising antiviral therapy. The group uses experimental and computational modelling approaches for optimal dosage design and viral dynamic modelling. For more information see the add, or contact: